- Scanning took approximately 5 hours for 16 scans. I'm sure this could be done quicker with experience as we were just getting used to the system
- The data was processed to .ptx files with Surphaser software and then imported in to Cyclone to register cloud to cloud.
- The main turbine was modelled in Inventor 2013 using the native Autodesk Pointcloud support.
- The female stab connector inside was meshed in Geomagic and exported as an .stl.
- Processing and modelling took approx 8 days.
Images courtesy of MD3D, Digital Surveys, and Atlantis Resources Corporation